The mission of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership (GSDP) is to promote a healthy and sustainable Starkville and Oktibbeha County by enhancing the quality of life for all citizens through
- an aggressive and diversified approach for business growth and job creation
- enhanced tourism and retirement opportunitites
- involvement in progressive educational and other community initiatives.
Three divisions comprise the Partnership:
- Starkville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority
- Starkville Convention and Visitors Bureau & Main Street Association
Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber focuses community resources on fostering economic and community development and enhancing the quality of life by
- providing educational seminars and workshops to the business community
- sponsoring ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new members
- serving as a liaison for businesses and organizations in promoting community news and events
- sponsoring events and programs for the business community and for community development.
Economic Development Authority
The Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority promotes the creation and retention of jobs in the county by
- ensuring that suitable property and facilities are available for new and expanding enterprises
- providing services to existing businesses and industries
- supporting efforts to recruit new businesses and industries.
Starkville Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) & Main Street Association
The CVB promotes the greater Starkville area as a tourist destination and a Mississippi Main Street Association community by
- sponsoring or cosponsoring events such as the Downtown Block Party, Christmas Open House, Starkville Holiday Bazaar, and Pumpkinpalooza
- offering tourism grants for events that lead to an economic impact
- applying for grants for workshops and events to improve our community.